Last May I wrote about the "historian" Dr.Werner Rügemer and his distorted view of the United States. Dr. Rügemer was a long-time member of the DKP (German Communist Party - the West German counterpart of the Stalinist SED in the former GDR) and he uses his excellent understanding of Leninist Dialectics to analyze the evil-doings of the United States. The man is obsessed with the America. It is bad enough that he blabbers about wild conspiracy theories in a public forum, but I found this on his Web site:
Lehrveranstaltungen an der Universität zu Köln Wintersemester 2015/16, Humanwissenschaftliche Fakultät, mittwochs, Raum 402:
Entstehung und Strukturen einer Supermacht – Beispiel USA
So Dr.Rügemer actually has a faculty position at the University of Cologne where he can present his distortions and conspiracy theories to college students. He is a German version of Ward Churchill.
Among "Professor" Rügemer's "theories":
- World War One was started by the United States and financed by "Wall Street Bankers";
- The United States dictated the terms of the Treaty of Versailles;
- US oil companies prolonged World War II by supplying oil to Hitler's Luftwaffe;
- American corporations benefited from Nazi slave labor;
- The post-war Marshall Plan, which sparked Germany's Economic Miracle (Wirtschaftswunder) was a CIA plot to subjugate Germany;
- The US government colluded with German car manufacturers to build assembly plants in the US in order to weaken German trade unions.
In other words, Werner Rügemer is a historical revisionist who blames the United States for the catastrophe of the Third Reich. The German Volk were only victims of America's imperial ambitions.
These "theories" are too preposterous to address here. Fortunately, the blogger Kai Ruhsert has written a point-by-point analysis and refutation of Dr.Rügemer's distortions of American history. So why does the University of Cologne allow him to continue teaching?
Werner Rügemer is a frequent guest of the Holocaust denier and 9/11 Truther Ken Jebsen on Jebsen's video channel KenFM. Rügemer famously described the state of Israel as a "test lab for killing techniques" (Versuchslabor für Tötungstechnologie").